Grade Level: L2
Function: Digital Financial Services
Last date to apply: 5th December 2021
What is Expert Corporate Communications?
An Expert Corporate Communications is expected to drive strategic communications, ensure proactive media outreach, and develop content for a wide range of internal and external digital and traditional channels. The candidate will be driving the company’s narrative across various platforms for image building and reputational risks mitigation.
The role reports directly to the Head of Corporate Affairs and has an extended team of 2 team members.
What does Expert Corporate Communications do?
- Work closely with Regulatory and Corporate affairs functions to gather financial services industry insights and formalizing priority communication requirements of the company.
- Set timely priorities on various types of social and digital media collaterals and advise the management on the impact and need for roll out (how, what and when).
- Develop communication strategy with the strategic guidance from the management, identify reputational risks and lead crisis communication as and when needed.
- Content development; including press release, opinion editorial, artworks, videos and documents.
- Plan and execute print, electronic and digital media campaigns.
- Identify and leverage communication opportunities across the company to synchronize leadership objectives to maximize brand value.
- Coordination with key external and internal stakeholders to identify emerging issues and develop appropriate mitigation responses to safeguard company reputation.
- Develop digital monitoring and analytics to measure impact of external communications vis-à-vis the industry.
- Develop and execute a media relations strategy to educate the press, bloggers and influencers about JazzCash products, services and initiatives, seek high-level placements in print, broadcast and digital media, and measure and monitor the impact and effectiveness of communication efforts.
- Curate and develop materials such as reactive/holding statements, PR, press briefing packs, and presentations.
- Highlight major milestones and achievements of the company across Pakistan by organizing press briefings, media roundtables and meetups, product launches, and press conferences. Provide strategic inputs to drive the company’s reputation agenda and ensure its execution.
- Demonstrate and maintain strong relations with the financial services media in Pakistan. Arrange public appearances, seminars, media interviews for company to increase product and service awareness by liaising extensively with media in Pakistan.
- Manage and execute strategy to increase engagement on both internal communications platforms (e.g. Workplace by Facebook).
- Ensure constant stream of positive content to position JazzCash continues to remain Pakistan’s number 1 fintech i.e. develop corporate communications collateral such as articles, presentations, talking points, and documents for CXOs.
Jazz is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
What are we looking for and what does it require to be Expert Corporate Communications?
- A degree in Journalism, Media, Communication, PR, or Management Sciences other relevant disciplines
- The ability to self-teach new technologies especially video editing, graphics editing and social media management
- A minimum of 5-8 years’ experience in a similar role with track record of driving complex strategic communication and advocacy campaigns
- A deep understanding of industry best communication practices
- Excellent writing and storytelling skills (including visuals)
- Soft skills and technical skills required
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities need to be strong
- Decision making ability as response time is critical in this role
- Multitasking in a fast-paced environment
- Responding quickly and professionally under pressure
- Proactive, creative, and collaborative both for ideation and execution
- Have an eye for layout and design with a passion for all things digital
JazzCash is Pakistan’s leading fintech with over 80,000 retail outlets nationwide. JazzCash offers a broad portfolio of branchless banking services for customers, including travel, ticketing, entertainment, money transfer, bill payments, debit card, insurance, savings, and payments for a wide variety of services.
Why Join Jazz?
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of our 72 million customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy.