Grade Level: L2
Last date to apply: 22-Nov-2023
What is Data Engineer?
As a Data Engineer, you will play a crucial role in designing, developing, and maintaining the architecture, infrastructure, and Application tools necessary for processing and analyzing large volumes of data. Your responsibilities will include collaborating with Data analysts, Technology team, Business Stakeholders, Channel planning and other stakeholders to understand application and data requirements, ensuring data quality and integrity, and implementing scalable solutions.
The role reports directly to the Team Lead Data Factory – Jazz Business with an extended team of 1 team members
What does Data Engineer do?
- Design, implement, and maintain scalable and efficient data models, In-house applications, databases, and processing systems.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders of Jazz Business and Outside the Jazz business to understand data requirements and translate them into data structures.
- Develop, implement, and manage ETL processes to extract, transform, and load data from various sources into data warehouses or other storage systems.
- Ensure the efficiency, reliability, and scalability of data pipelines.
- Integrate data from various sources, both structured and unstructured, to support business intelligence and analytics needs.
- Develop solutions for real-time data integration and streaming.
- Implement and enforce data quality standards and governance policies.
- Monitor and optimize data storage and retrieval processes for performance.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including data scientists, analysts, and business stakeholders, to understand and address data-related challenges.
- Provide technical expertise and support to data-related projects.
- Document data engineering processes, workflows, and solutions.
- Create and maintain documentation for data models and databases.Key responsibilities
- Manage and optimize our existing big data infrastructure, ensuring reliability and scalability.
- Understanding of current B2B data bases schema’s and grab the knowledge of all Data processes within 30-days
- Evaluate and implement new technologies and tools related to data engineering.
- Develop understanding of your division, function, its structure, and your role within the team.
- Develop understanding of B2B Channels, business products and data points
- Develop understanding of Analytics engines and tools we are using for business analytics.
Jazz is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
What are we looking for and what does it require to be Data Engineer?
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Full stack developer / Data Engineer or similar role.
- Strong programming skills in languages such as C sharp, Python, R, Java, or Scala.
- Expertise in SQL and experience with database systems (e.g., SQL server, MySQL, MongoDB).
- Knowledge of big data technologies and frameworks (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Kafka).
- Familiarity with cloud platforms and services (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Experience with data warehousing and business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau, Snowflake, Redshift, Power BI)
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Why Join Jazz?
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
Our core values include qualities essential for a positive organizational culture - truthfully guiding entrepreneurial and innovative mindsets, harnessing professional and interpersonal collaboration, and fostering across-the-board customer-obsession.
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of our 75 million customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy.