Grade Level: L2
Last date to apply: 10th June 2021
What is Expert General Ledger?
Expert General Ledger will perform month end closing, accrual booking and analysis, trade inventory recording and reporting ensuring service delivery ‘s objective in line with agreed KPIs and targets.
This position reports to Manager General Ledger. This role is responsible for recording, analyzing, reporting various OPEX expenses, trade inventory accounting and reporting meeting the monthly closing deadline, preparing, and presenting accrual dashboard, AQA schedules and related SOX controls.
What does Expert General Ledger do?
- Independent handling of all daily and closing activities related to technical expenses recording and its reporting.
- Independent handling of all closing activities related to trade inventory of Jazz, including costing, sale & issuances transactions which includes uploading in Oracle, provisioning for obsolete stock calculation and reporting related to trade inventory.
- Prepare variance analysis between budget/ forecast vs actual and between previous and current periods to linked with the business rationale.
- Ensure compliance of both key and non-key SOX controls and facilitate controls team in MSA testing and facilitate SOX audits.
- Review and posting of departmental journals for month end closing related to P2P including FX translation, Opex capex shifts and monitoring monthly cash capex.
- Preparation of AQA and accrual dashboard and other adhoc reports as and when required.
- Prepare audit schedules/ workings relating to own areas and assist auditors in their inquiries.
- Identify and support implementation of end-to-end process improvement initiatives.
- Acquire a sound business understanding of GL closing areas including expenses and Jazz Trade Inventory.
- Act as a key contact person for resolution of queries from finance and non-finance departments.
Jazz is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
What are we looking for and what does it require to be Expert General Ledger?
- 5 years’ work experience in the field of Accounting and Telecom would be a plus.
- CA, ACCA, CMA’s (finalist/ qualified) and/ or MBA (Finance).
- Strong accounting knowledge (IFRS / Statutory Reporting).
- Experience in accounting and financial systems (Preferably Oracle Cloud).
- Self-driven and intellectually curious individual able to carry out impactful discussions with senior stakeholders influencing strategic priorities.
- Sound stakeholder management; able to build strong credible partnerships.
- Strong communicator with the ability to present succinct and well-articulated thoughts at platforms of varying seniority and context.
Why Join Jazz?
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of our 69 million customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy.