Grade Level: L4
Last date to apply: 29th November 2021
Head of Product Design
The Product Design team is part of the technology department at Jazz Cash. The unit primarily looks at developing new financial products to fulfil the digital ambition of the company. The team works very closely with all internal and external stakeholders to devise the product development roadmap, plan local integrations, create value propositions, manage analytics and execute the growth strategy.
The role reports directly to the CTO and has 3 departments reporting, directly into it with an extended team of 10+ team members.
This role will closely work with the all the corporate functions specifically within the Digital Financial Services, Technology, Segments, & Customer Care. The interactions will result in effective execution of digital products frameworks and strategy.
Who is Head of Product Design?
- Someone who has led the development and delivery of high-performing APIs and Web Applications using responsive Web Design and Microservices architecture. The selected individual will lead establishing a software development hub, leading the hub team for the delivery of design of global architecture setup, APIs and Web Applications.
- The ideal candidate will combine deep engineering and product skills with a passion for digital services (e.g., payments, financial services, TV/media streaming, cloud, big data, etc.), ensuring integrations with our strategic partners are successful and drive impact.
- Manage Jazz Cash products –product lifecycle from ideation to feature roll outs. Selects correct design concepts and fundamental technology used for new products or improvement for existing ones
- Plans and formulates aspects of research and development proposals such as objective or purpose of project, applications that can be utilized from findings, costs of project, and equipment and human resource requirements
- Owning the design and execution of qualitative and quantitative user research efforts to identify user needs
- Manage diverse set of stakeholders and lead cross-functional teams responsible for end to-end product deliveries
- Should be aware of Digital Financial Services offerings and services, and should understand the needs of a telco/digital/ Digital Financial Services user to deliver affective solutions
- Supplement the product go-to-market plans. Ensuring a timely delivery of projects in collaboration with other departments
- Lead the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative digital products in the Digital Financial Services domain
- Integrate usability studies, research, and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
- Define and analye metrics that inform the success of products
- Understand the overall strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized best in the industry
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
- Experience in requirement gathering, analysis, change management, Quality assurance and testing of products.
- Process development and implementation for each product
- Conducting SIT’s and UAT cycles for internal / external stake holders
- Liaison with 3rd parties for projects and initiatives
- Originate new products in concert with customer needs and business model - Identify, conceptualize, and develop new products and any amendments/improvements to existing products
- Establish shared vision across the team by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data, and analysis
- Analyse data/ market trends and identify solutions to support product development
- Work collaboratively with the external and internal stakeholders, assisting and troubleshooting to ensure that products are competitive and marketable
- Drive agile engineering teams to deliver high quality products
- Conducting RFQ’s / RFI’s to engage internal and external stakeholders
- Identify issues and any barriers within current working practices that might impact product delivery across the company
- Working with product teams to devise product roadmaps and schedule deliveries
Jazz is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
What are we looking for and what does it require to be Head of Product Design?
- Previous experience (10+ years) as a software engineer, developer, technical consultant, or partner/sales engineer, in Fintech, banking, finance or payment solutions is required
- Experience developing products, technologies, and platforms - Mobile (iOS & Android, KiOS, HSM and USSD) & Web product development & integrations
- Managing product development using agile methodologies
- Developed a digital product (mobile app or a web platform)
- Strong knowledge of cross-platform development & integrations for Web/Android/iOS/ USSD / KiaOS
- Designing customer journeys
- Experience managing technical relationships with 3rd party services or partners required
- Experience interacting with technical and business audiences on all levels required
- Experience building or integrating with payment services, APIs and/or gateways a strong plus.
This position will require for you to possess the knowledge of:
- API Development
- Web Application
- FinTech Technologies
- Digital Financial Services
- eCommerce Platforms
- Payment Gateways
- Digital Payments using Mobile Apps, USSD
- Regulatory Requirements
- Software Development Best Practices
- Project Management & Business Analysis
Why Join Jazz?
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of our 72 million customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy.