Grade Level: L3
Last date to apply: 26th Nov 2021
What is Manager Corporate & Regulatory Affairs?
The role is expected to ensure good public and government relations for day to day operations of the company with relevant stakeholders, including government departments, law enforcement agencies, varies town societies, Army & DHA, and others.
The role reports directly to the Regional Head Corporate & Regulatory Affairs and has an extended team of 22 team members
What does Manager Corporate & Regulatory Affairs do?
- Develop and maintain an appropriate network of stake holders in the Government sector to best serve Jazz interests and winning requisite facilitation of Jazz operations and promotion of Jazz Business agenda. (In and ethical manner, and keep values of best business practices)
- Maintain close liaison with Jazz regional business and technical teams to remain abreast with their plans, projects and issues to realign stake holder engagements efforts accordingly.
- Extend maximum possible support to Sales function by arranging requisite approvals Pakistan telecommunication Authority and other relevant departments for supporting the value chain .
- Coordinate with PTA on Regulatory and Enforcement matters and keep all relevant departments informed of any issues, developments, and violations of PTA SOPs, if any.
- Maintain close liaison with regulatory teams of other Cellular Mobile Operators to develop consensus and work in united forum for resolution of Industry issues at Regional level. (the legitimate issues)
- Interact with PTA, Frequency Allocation Boards and Tech departments on GSM Amplifiers issues for speedy elimination of sources causing interference in our frequency spectrum.
- Ensure smooth conduct of Quality of Service surveys by PTA by effective coordination with concerned PMCL departments.
- Maintain ‘Stake Holders Engagement Plan’ and Gift & Hospitality Register in accordance with Jazz/C&RA policies and priorities.
- Advise PMCL departments on compliance to the Federal/Provincial Government policies affecting Jazz operations.
- Support Logistic team in acquiring approvals, access and Right of Way issues.
- Initiate efforts in coordination with CRA HQ Team, other CMOs and relevant Government departments to check the growing menace of GSM Amplifiers.
- Maintain close liaison with Police and other LEAs to ensure non-interference in Jazz operations and protect own employees against undue harassment.
- Efficiently tackle external interference caused by jail jammers through coordination with PTA, FAB and NRTC to minimize revenue losses.
- Provide limited CS support to Government officers to develop goodwill that will better serve Jazz interests.
- Coordination with all Govt / Semi Govt Housing authorities i.e. DHA, Askari & Cantonments in Central Region for smooth operations of Jazz service.
Jazz is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
What are we looking for and what does it require to be Manager Corporate & Regulatory Affair?
Relevant experience of 8+ years is required. A bachelor’s degree, preferably in telecommunications, IT or relevant. Must have good interpersonal skills and dealing with government agencies, law enforcement agencies, Cantonment boards and various other provincial and federal ministries. An ex defense forces officer with technical background in telecom or ICT is preferred.
Why Join Jazz?
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of our 70 million customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy.