Last date to apply: 15th February, 2024
What is Head of Commercial Audits?
Head of Commercial Audits is responsible for providing independent and objective assessment of risk management, internal control, and corporate governance over Commercial services through execution of Internal Audits, in line with, “The International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) – Standards and Guidance” adopted by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), VEON Group IA Charter, VEON policies and procedures. This role will also be responsible for driving the assurance activities pertaining to commercial domain for Jazz.
The role reports directly to Head of Internal Audit at Jazz.
What does Head of Commercial Audits do?
- Develop an understanding of the Jazz strategy and industry trends to build a risk universe for Commercial (B2C & B2B) services domain pertinent to Jazz.
- Identifying strategic and high-risk processes, which will serve as an input to the annual internal audit plan.
- Make comprehensive audit programs to carry out individual audits related to commercial services, including determination of audit objectives, identifying major controls, risks and make recommendations.
- Perform and/or direct audits of Jazz as an individual lead or working in a team, in compliance to internal audit manual and IPPF Standards established by the IIA.
- Develop relevant data analytical to support assurance activities and lead continuous auditing initiatives.
- Prepare and review reports and audit work papers, ensuring effective documentation of results of reviews on assigned activities that have been made, as well as the recommended action that management should take, for easy follow up.
- Participate in special projects such as Ad-hoc requests, risk assessment, due diligence acquisition reviews, audit department policy updates, process automation and data analytics etc.
- Ability to work effectively with peers to deliver the overall audit plan and manage co-sourced / outsourced partners.
- Works with the Internal Audit team to foster a culture of accountability and teamwork through effective performance management that aligns with agreed objectives.
- Proactively builds strong and effective working relationships with IA stakeholders to understand their needs and manage their expectations during the audit assignment process.
- Seeks auditee / client / stakeholder feedback and responds appropriately.
- Actively participates in knowledge sharing sessions and platforms.
- Aligns with other assurance functions to create efficiency.
- Promotes customer-oriented service culture within the audit engagement team that seeks to add value.
Jazz is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
What are we looking for and what does it take to be the Head of Commercial Audit
- Someone with a strong understanding of digital platforms, technologies & products.
- ACCA member / CA Finalist.
- 10 or more years of work experience in assurance functions.
- Business acumen and a thorough understanding of key risks, compliance requirements, and relevant international best practices for development of digital products.
- Prior experience in assurance services will be preferred.
- Energetic, flexible, and agile attitude.
- Able to work effectively in a corporate matrix structure with multicultural colleagues.
- Comprehend the data to meaningful assurance results.
- Strong collaboration, communication and influencing skills to enable effective implementation of actions and audit reports.
- Creative problem solver who goes beyond the obvious to find unconventional ways enabling business and people. Strong communicator with the ability to present well-articulated thoughts at platforms of varying seniority and context.
Why Join Jazz?
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
Our core values include qualities essential for a positive organizational culture - truthfully guiding entrepreneurial and innovative mindsets, harnessing professional and interpersonal collaboration, and fostering across-the-board customer-obsession.
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of our 70 million customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy.