Grade Level: L2
Last date to apply: 23 September, 2021
What is Expert Databases?
The Database Administrator Team is part of BSS Infrastructure team and responsibilities include end-to-end database related planning, installation, maintenance, and operations, mainly focused on new technologies deployment, keeping databases availability 24/7 round the year, fault free and up to date.
The role reports directly to the Manager DB Services and has no people reporting directly into it with an extended team of 6 team members.
What does Expert Databases do?
- Key responsibilities
- Install and maintain the performance of database servers.
- Develop processes for optimizing database security.
- Set and maintain database standards.
- Performance tuning of database systems.
- Install, upgrade, and manage database applications.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors.
- Recommend and implement emerging database technologies.
- Create and manage database reports, visualizations, and dashboards.
- Create automation for repeating database tasks.
- Be available for on-call support as needed.
- Excellent knowledge & understanding of Database with multi-node clustering and other high availability/disaster recovery techniques.
- Must have experience in installation, configuration, upgrading, administrating, monitoring, troubleshooting, cloning, Patching, Backup and restore of databases.
- Maintenance of Databases on periodic basis for housekeeping
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Key Deliverables
- Improve processes through automation which should be industry best
- Delivery of services as per agreed Service Level Agreements and KPIs
Jazz is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
What are we looking for and what does it require to be Expert Databases?
- Experience and Educational requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science
- 4-6 years of experience in database administration, information technology, database architecture, or a related field
- Experience with Linux, HP-UX, Solaris and Windows Server environments
- Extensive experience with database technologies (MySQL, MS SQL, PostgreSQL Oracle, MongoDB and Cassandra)
- Soft skills and technical skills required
- Proactive, having strong troubleshooting skill
- The ability to build strong relationships with Internal/External Teams
- Excellent understanding of work in multiple types of databases like Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Maria DB, Cassandra DB and other NoSQL Database Technologies.
- Excellent understanding of managing databases on premises and on Cloud Infrastructures
- Adoptability to new technologies
Why Join Jazz?
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of our 69 million customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy.