Grade Level: L2
Last date to apply: Apr 2nd, 2023
What is Expert Revenue Accounting?
The Expert Revenue Accounting encompasses a deep understanding of end-to-end revenue processes and knowledge and expertise to handle and record these processes. The prime role of Expert Revenue Accounting is to record revenue related transactions while maintaining compliance with the requirements of applicable accounting standards and reporting these transactions to several stakeholders in required formats.
This role reports directly to the Stream Head Revenue Accounting, with extended team of 5 members.
What does Expert Revenue Accounting do?
- Acquire a sound business understanding of the overall telecom business and revenue related processes
- Record monthly revenues for Interconnect, Prepaid and postpaid EFICS POS etc. in Oracle.
- Maintain Month-end schedules relating to each revenue stream
- Co-ordinate with different internal departments to obtain data related to monthly revenues
- Identify impacts of new accounting standards and laws/regulations on revenue and align their accounting treatment with all relevant stakeholders
- Perform month end closing activities related to revenue and participate in preparation of monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting packs
- Identify improvement areas and initiate projects to bring efficiency in existing processes
- Ensure compliance with SOX controls including documentation and reporting.
- Prepare audit schedules relating to revenue and assist the auditors in their inquiries.
- Facilitate all stakeholders and respond to their queries within time.
- Extract and report Ad-hoc information requests from various internal & external departments.
- Ensure compliance with SLAs and KPIs.
- Prepare revenue dashboard reporting for review of higher management including variance analysis between budget/forecast vs actual and between previous and current periods.
- Facilitate the digital initiatives and process optimization initiatives.
- Act as a key contact person for resolution of queries from finance and non-finance departments.
- Support the implementation of changes in group policies and procedures in accounting for revenues.
Jazz is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- CA / CA Inter/ ACCA/ BS A&F with minimum of 4 to 5 years of working experience including Telecom Industry and Revenue Accounting role.
- Oracle Financials
- Sound knowledge of relevant International Accounting Standards (IFRS).
- Experience of presenting financial results, variance analysis and handling of large quantum of data.
- Understanding of revenue recording & closing process.
- Oracle R12 and Fusion
- MS Office
- Strong interpersonal communication
- Analytical skills
- Time management
Why Join Jazz?
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
Our core values include qualities essential for a positive organizational culture - truthfully guiding entrepreneurial and innovative mindsets, harnessing professional and interpersonal collaboration, and fostering across-the-board customer-obsession.
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of our 75 million customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy.