Grade Level: L4
Last date to apply: Aug 11th, 2022
What is Head of Operations & Financial Audit?
Head of Finance & Operations Audit is responsible for supporting Internal Audit Head on providing independent and objective assessment of the reliability and effectiveness of risk management, internal control and corporate governance through execution of Internal Audit processes by organizing the audit work, leading internal audit engagements and delivering high quality Internal Audit Reports, applying the Global Audit Methodology, “The International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) – Standards and Guidance” adopted by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), Veon Group IA Charter and Veon policies and procedures.
The role reports directly to the Head of Internal Audit and has 1 team member reporting directly into it with an extended team of 3 team members
What does Head of Operations & Financial Audit do?
Strategy and Planning:
- Contributes to risk assessment and supports the Internal Audit Head in preparation of OpCo audit annual plan, addressing emerging risks and global themes;
- Reviews OpCo annual audit plan on a quarterly basis in coordination with the Internal Audit Head;
- Directly assists the Internal Audit Head in the effective communication of the IA strategy, including preparation of materials and conducting presentations;
- Ensures alignment with the “The International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) – Standards and Guidance” adopted by the IIA, Group IA Charter, Group policies, procedures and guidelines around Internal Audit processes, tools and techniques;
- Ensures the execution of the audits is in line with the Group IA Methodology.
- Supports the Internal Audit Head in managing resource requirements on the audit program as well as special project requirements effectively;
- Seeks for opportunities to increase the efficiency of the audits and apply where possible new tools and systems (e.g. data analytics).
- Manages resource and timetable to ensure achievement of audit plan in line with budgeted times and scheduled completion dates, expense budget monitoring, and compliance with Group IA protocols for approval and notification of timetable changes;
- Monitors audit milestones and provides assurance on progress;
- Ensures effective risk-based planning including effective gathering of information and risk assessment to determine the appropriate nature and extent of audit work;
- Fully effective in leading / completing audits of high risk/complex or sensitive nature;
- Ensures timely execution of audit engagements and reports to the Internal Audit Head on the delivery status;
- Works collaboratively with the Internal Audit Head to prepare and deliver quality reports and presentations to Executive and senior management and the relevant committee(s) that are clear, concise and professional.
- Efficiently and effectively manages teams of audit staff within the structure and capability framework, ensuring the overall quality and timeliness of service provided by the team of a high standard;
- Assists the Internal Audit Head in defining the scope, nature, extent of use of outsource and co-source partners, internal ‘guest auditors’;
- Works with the Internal Audit Head to foster a culture of accountability and teamwork through effective staff and team performance management that aligns with agreed objectives.
- Proactively builds strong and effective working relationships with IA stakeholders to understand their needs and manage their expectations during the audit assignment process;
- Seeks auditee/client/stakeholder feedback as appropriate and responds appropriately;
- Actively participates in knowledge sharing sessions and platforms;
- Aligns with other assurance functions to create efficiency;
- Promotes customer oriented service culture within the audit engagement team that seeks to add value.
Jazz is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Master/Bachelor degree in Economics, Business or Accounting;
- At least 8 years of total work experience, including proven recent experience in a Big 4 or in Internal Audit preferably, in another telco or large international listed company;
- Experienced in team management and preferably working remotely via phone/video conferencing;
- Knowledge/work experience of SOX (404) controls and COSO standards/ IT systems and IT security best practices and frameworks (such as ITIL, COBIT, and ISO27001)
- Telecom industry experience is highly desirable;
- Internal Audit or related field certification is regarded a must (CIA, CISA, CMA, CPA, ACCA, CFE or equivalent);
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally is required (up to 30%).
- Innovative and strategic thinker able to develop practical and pragmatic solutions;
- Energetic, flexible and agile attitude;
- Strong planning, organization, project and presentation skills;
- Professional Ethics & Personal Integrity: Acting and communicating honestly and fairly in accordance with IPPF IIA standards, VEON IA Charter and VEON Code of Conduct (Proficient);
- Persuading and motivating others through collaboration and cooperation (Advanced);
- Critical thinking: Applying business intelligence and problem solving techniques (Advanced);
- Delivering internal audit engagements (Proficient);
- Business acumen and understanding: Maintaining expertise of the industry practices and organizational factors (Proficient);
- GRC understanding: Applying thorough understanding of governance, risk and control (Proficient);
- Creative and strategic thinking: Embrace change and drive improvement and innovation (Advanced)
- Assures adherence to the Group Internal Audit methodology;
- Builds effective working relationships with IA stakeholders within the audit engagements;
- Promotes business process improvements and innovative auditing techniques.
Why Join Jazz?
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of our 75 million customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy