Grade Level: L1
Last date to apply: 26th July 2021
What is Specialist NOC Supervision (RAN)?
This role involves working in 24 x 7 shifts for fault monitoring, troubleshooting/providing first level support for ongoing issues related to RAN domain.
The role reports directly to the Manager RAN Supervision and this team comprises of 12 team members.
What does Specialist NOC Supervision (RAN) do?
- Fault monitoring and reporting for RAN nodes
- Battery theft reporting
- Planned network activities support
- Preventive maintenance support
- Inventory management support
- NMS health checks
- Site database management
- Service requests handling
- Health checks of various platforms/tools
- Multiple sites down/multiple sites fluctuations reporting
- Outage/fluctuations reporting amid power breakdown or bad weather
- BSC/RNC alarms reporting
- Huawei battery alarms monitoring and ATPs
- Trouble tickets for single site issues (Telco alarms, fluctuations, prolonged outage, stuck environmental alarms etc.)
- Netcool health check for auto escalations
- Preventive maintenance: portal and users management being custodians of end-to-end process
- Database maintenance through Inventory Management portal
- Site lock/unlock requests handling as per SOP
- Provide support to field teams for network planned activities
- NOC Live App audit and maintenance
- UNS Health Check to ensure smooth working of all auto and manual escalations
- Corrective Maintenance
- Daily reports
Jazz is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
What are we looking for and what does it require to be Specialist NOC Supervision (RAN)?
- B.S. or B.Sc. Electrical/Telecom/Computer Engineering
- Prior working experience in a NOC Environment.
- Hands on experience with Huawei, ZTE and Nokia RAN equipment.
- Willing to work in shifts, on holidays & emergencies.
- Good understanding of RAN technologies (2G/3G/LTE)
- Thorough know-how of network topologies and their inter-working
- Good understanding of basic call flows for 2G/3G/4G.
- Hands-on experience of NMS systems and associated software tools.
- Computer proficiency, MS Office must include MS Visio & powerpoint.
- Good communication and presentations skills.
- Fault management procedures & industry practices.
- Deep understanding of network operations environment.
- Customer centric approach to facilitate the internal teams.
Why Join Jazz?
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of our 69 million customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy.