Grade Level: L3
Last date to apply: 3 October 2023
What is Expert M&A and Digital Projects?
Expert M&A and Digital Projects is tax and accounting POC for all M&A and digital projects of the Company. This position is responsible for conducting detailed tax and accounting assessment of Projects, identify tax and accounting implications and propose efficient transaction structure accordingly.
The role reports directly to the Head of Tax and has no people reporting directly into it with an extended team of 10+ team members.
What does Expert M&A and Digital Projects?
- Strategic Financial Leadership: Act as the financial point of contact (POC) for all M&A and Digital Projects, providing strategic financial guidance to support decision-making.
- Tax and Accounting Assessment: Lead the assessment of Projects to determine their tax and accounting implications, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and standards.
- Efficient Structure Proposals: Develop and propose tax and accounting efficient structures for Projects, optimizing financial outcomes.
- Business Case Support: Collaborate with end users and the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team to provide essential financial inputs for the creation of business cases for new Projects.
- Advisor Onboarding: Oversee the onboarding of financial advisors and consultants, ensuring effective coordination to analyze the financial implications of Projects and identify optimal structures.
- Due Diligence: Undertake tax and accounting due diligence for new assets/entities being acquired, and coordinate with external consultants as needed to ensure comprehensive assessment.
- HQ Coordination: Establish and maintain communication with the headquarters' tax and accounting teams to finalize the tax and accounting implications of Projects, ensuring alignment with corporate standards.
- Auditor Collaboration: Collaborate closely with external auditors to address tax and accounting implications associated with new projects, providing necessary documentation and support.
- Compliance and Reporting: Ensure strict compliance with all relevant financial regulations and standards and provide accurate and timely reporting to senior management.
Jazz is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
What are we looking for and what does it require to be Expert M&A and Digital Projects?
- Part Qualified/ Qualified CA or ACCA, MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- 6 - 8 years of experience. Telecom sector experience will be preferred.
- Proven experience in financial management, M&A, and project finance.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Leadership experience with a track record of managing and developing teams.
- Knowledge of tax laws and accounting principles.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
Why Join Jazz?
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
Our core values include qualities essential for a positive organizational culture - truthfully guiding entrepreneurial and innovative mindsets, harnessing professional and interpersonal collaboration, and fostering across-the-board customer-obsession.
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of our 75 million customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy.