Grade Level: Level 2
Last Date to Apply: 6-Oct-2023
What is Expert SOC?
Expert SOC is responsible to develop , implement, and execute the standard procedures for the administration, backup, disaster recovery, and operation of the SOC systems. Main responsibility of this role is to monitor SOC performance by investigating incoming events using available tools ensuring incidents are addressed in a timely manner using available reporting and metrics.
The role reports directly to the Manager Security Operations Center with an extended team of 05 team members.
What does Cyber Security Expert do?
- Develop, implement, and execute the standard procedures for the administration, backup, disaster recovery, and operation of the SOC systems infrastructure, including Backup management, Capacity planning, Change management, Version or patch management, Lifecycle upgrade management.
- Develop and maintain the technical architecture of the SOC systems, enabling all the components to perform as expected and meeting established service-level objectives for system uptime.
- Be responsible for new product release management, policy and integration testing, security testing, and vendor management.
- Develop and deploy content for the SOC infrastructure, including use cases for dashboards, active channels, reports, rules, filters, trends, and active lists.
- Coordinate and conduct event collection, log management, event management, compliance automation, and identity monitoring activities.
- Designing queries, models, and hypotheses to identify anomalies
- Find evidence of compromise, intrusions, and malicious activity on the network.
- Focus on detecting new threats, vulnerabilities, and potential weaknesses.
- Incident analysis, coordination & response
- Forensic artifact handling & analysis
- Malware & impact analysis
- Interfacing with senior management, activating the incident management team, establishing communications with appropriate team members and business units, providing status updates.
- Reporting, tracking, monitoring, and closing out incident response issues.
- Interacting with internal business units to address incidents and support investigations.
- Establishing and maintaining a mature incident management program.
Jazz is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
What are we looking for and what does it require to be Cyber Security Expert?
- BS/MS in information security/Cyber security/Information Technology
- Practical experience of security operations in large enterprise preferably in banking / Telco sector
4-5 Year Experience in planning and operations of security solutions
- Ability to organize, plan and document tasks;
- Ability to manage internal & external stakeholders;
- Possess good logical and analytical skills to help in analysis of Cyber Security risks
- In depth knowledge and operational responsibility for SOC tools;
- Strong logical and analytical skills to help define new use cases, statistical correlation rules and analytical monitoring functions;
- Developing analytical threat models and hypothesis
- Develop analytical products using enterprise and all-source intelligence
- Conduct malware analysis and provide indicators for defensive measures
- Knowledge of system and application security threats and vulnerabilities (e.g., buffer overflow, mobile code, cross-site scripting, Procedural Language/Structured Query Language [PL/SQL] and injections, race conditions, covert channel, replay, return-oriented attacks, malicious code)
- Proficient in the latest forensic response and reverse engineering skills; Having astute interest in the latest exploit methodologies
Why Join Jazz?
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
Our core values include qualities essential for a positive organizational culture - truthfully guiding entrepreneurial and innovative mindsets, harnessing professional and interpersonal collaboration, and fostering across-the-board customer-obsession.
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of our 75 million customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy.