Grade Level: L3
Last date to apply: 8th May 2021
What is Expert Financial Controls?
Expert Financial Controls is an individual contributor who will be supporting with back office work related to ERC within the Oracle accounting system & related to ICRM such as support in the creation of back up tables and analytics and development of the reporting memos. Preparing overviews and financial statements for statutory reporting and accounting memo creation. This position reports to Head of Consolidation.
What does Expert Financial Controls do?
- Manage entire management certification process from template development, mendix testing & setting up, data gathering from OpCos, data checking, distribution of relevant data to stakeholders, getting consolidated management certificate signed-off.
- Prepare statutory reporting for entities as per IFRS & as per the local GAAP dictated by the area of jurisdiction in which these entities are incorporated. After preparation of financial statements & the required reports, these are to be filed as per the requirements and as per the timelines received from stakeholders.
- Maintain (reassess and update) the internal control methodology, including timelines, milestones and deliverables templates. Update MSA toolkit, review external sources for potential changes to methodology, read full SOX manual to identify changes or updates needed, create the RISC books. Also review input from OpCo for consistency with other OpCo and challenge RISC books for completeness vs HQ expectations.
- Responsible for fraud risk assessment. Follow-up with OpCos to collect relevant assessment and inputs for the assessment of the potential fraud implications.
- Responsible for status oversight and escalations, evaluation of deficiencies, stakeholder reporting, and annual report etc.
- Prepare work papers (templates) for testers at HQ & quality review. Ad hoc quality review of MSA testing. Update control characteristics in BWISE based on inputs from HQ Functions.
- Responsible for adhoc assignments as and when required.
Jazz is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
What are we looking for and what does it require to be Expert Financial Controls?
- Master’s degree/CA/CPA/CIA/CISA or other similar degree with 5-8 years working experience, with a minimum of 2 years within telecom/digital industry.
- Minimum 3 years working experience within business analysis, auditing, advisory, corporate governance, risk management and internal control.
- Proven knowledge of industry economics, COSO, Sarbanes-Oxley and SEC/PCAOB regulations,
- In-depth understanding of Internal Control and an understanding of which issues are relevant for SOX compliance. IFRS knowledge.
- Experience with Bwise systems and Power BI reporting is considered an advantage.
- Experience with Oracle accounting system (ability to interface excel with the system and prepare user-friendly overviews).
- Experience with preparation of the financial statements for statutory reporting.
- Good project management skills coupled with good time management.
- Analytical skills and ability to work with and understand the numbers (including good excel skills dashboarding the analytics).
- Self-driven and intellectually curious individual able to carry out impactful discussions with senior stakeholders influencing strategic priorities.
- Sound stakeholder management; able to build strong credible partnerships.
- Strong command on English language with the ability to present succinct and well-articulated thoughts at platforms of varying seniority and context. Knowledge of Russian language is a plus.
Why Join Jazz?
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of our 65 million customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy.