Grade Level: L2
Last Date to Apply: 3rd March 2021
What is Legal Counsel – Corporate Governance & IP?
Legal Counsel – Corporate Governance & IP provides dedicated legal support to relevant business and support functions. This entails consultation, advice, statutory compliance, drafting and review in line with the organization’s internal values, policies, procedures and applicable law.
This role reports directly to Senior Legal Counsel Corporate Governance.
What does Legal Counsel – Corporate Governance & IP do?
- Assist in convening Annual General Meetings (AGM), Extraordinary General Meetings (EOGM), Board Meetings, and other Committees’ meetings.
- Provide support to the Group on compliance and reporting requirements as and when required.
- Ensure compliance of the provisions of company law, regulations & rules made there-under and other statutes and bye-laws of the company, its subsidiaries and sister-concerns.
- Ensure that business and affairs of the company, its subsidiaries and sister-concerns are conducted in accordance with its objects as contained in their memorandum and articles of association and the provisions of the company law.
- Deal with SECP for the statutory filing of forms and returns (shares, transfer, allotment, issuance, cancelation etc.) including maintenance of Statutory Share Register and conducting the appropriate activities connected with share transfers, winding-up etc.
- File documents/returns as required under the provisions of the company law.
- Properly maintain books and registers of the company, its subsidiaries and sister-concerns as required under the provisions of the company law.
- Oversea the matters of registration of Trade Mark and Copyrights and timely filings done in accordance with the requirements of relevant departments.
- Interact with Group Legal / Corporate Governance teams for seeking opinions, approvals under the group authority matrix and related matters.
Jazz is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
What are we looking for and what does it require to be Legal Counsel – Corporate Governance & IP?
- LLB/LLM/Bar at Law Degree with at least three (3) years working experience in an in-house legal team or law firm/chamber.
- Knowledge of intellectual property laws. Knowledge of telecommunication laws is a plus.
- Coming up with legal solutions focused towards delivering real time business value.
- Strong writing and interpersonal skills with an ability to negotiate as well as present his/her point of view professionally
- Strong analytical, critical thinking skills and ability to research.
Why Join Jazz?
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of our 65 million customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy.