Grade Level: L3
Last date to apply: 20th Sep 2021
What is a Solutions Architect – OTT Platforms
We are looking for a candidate who has led the development, delivery, Implementation and service management on OTT domain. Managing high-performing APIs and cloud Applications using responsive Web/App design and microservices architecture. The selected candidate will lead the delivery of state of the art OTT services.
The ideal candidate will combine deep engineering and product skills with a passion for digital services (e.g. TV/media streaming, cloud, payments, financial services, big data, etc.), ensuring integrations with our strategic partners are successful and drive impact by designing and scaling OTT services.
Candidate will drive large-scale OTT projects and lead as a key solution architect.
Deep understanding of OTT domain and must have worked on Media and OTT Platform as developer / architect. The major job responsibility is to handle the overall process of designing and implementing the OTT application components for multiple geographical solutions.
This position is permanent and will be based in Pakistan. As part of this team, candidate will have the unique opportunity to help define and execute Veon Venture’ strategy for digital growth in the world. The candidate will join a highly technical team that works with strategic partners to deeply integrate and scale their services with Veon. In this role, you will use your excellent technical and business skills to drive value for our partners and for Veon.
The role reports directly to the Partner Engineering Manager
What does Solutions Architect – OTT Platforms?
- Key responsibilities
- Deeply understand Veon Venture’s platform architecture across group and relevant Opcos and underlying implementations.
- Manage technical aspects of relationships with our strategic partners at group and relevant Opcos.
- Reviewing, planning, designing and implementing local and regional solutions following projects standards and protocols for data exchange, communications, software and interconnection of information systems. Responsible for understanding the user needs to propose adequate solution alternatives
- Comply with SOA architecture standards, continuously identifying areas of improvement in our Solutions Framework and taking initiatives to new approaches to optimize our existing processes
- Prepare appropriate software architecture documentation based on the requirements and design elements contained in a system specification and ensuring alignment with the regional system architecture
- Manage project timelines and deliverables keeping track of the milestones
- Understand the support processes to ensure the most beneficial solution is implemented in various operations.
- Provide technical guidance in building the OTT platforms for but not limited to TV, VOD, SVOD, AVOD solutions.
- Develop future-proof scalable OTT technology designs based on a understanding of customer, market and technology trends
- Scope, define and design the OTT integration of 3rd party apps, devices and services
- Build solid user experiences around video playback, code full-fledged back-end and client-side applications
- Acting as an advisor with specific technology expertise in delivering and developing in cross-country implementation projects
- Creating technical requirements for 3rd party solutions, evaluating proposals and steering 3rd parties to deliver future proof and high-quality solutions and services.
- Work closely with Product, Technology and Business department in defining product definitions and product roadmap
- Define and Manage Quality Control Standards
- Design and analyse DRM enabled Live Streaming with custom options based on the content rights
- Manage performance testing on various services
- Manage planning of complete infrastructure required for OTT platforms
- Manage integrations with recommendation engine for OTT across platforms
What are we looking for and what does it require to be a Solutions Architect – OTT Platforms ?
- Experience and Educational requirements
- Previous experience (5+ years) as a solutions architect, technical consultant in TV or streaming solutions
- Domain experience in OTT, IPTV and/or video solutions eco systems
- Expertise in software architecture and complex designs based on OTT – TV and VOD offerings
- Understanding of Cloud architecture and implementation mechanisms for video streaming including software and infrastructure
- Soft skills and technical skills required
- Experience designing cross-platform technical solutions (i. e. Roku, iOS/Android/KaiOS and/or other connected and mobile devices)
- Knowledge of technology solutions like Cassandra, MongoDB, NodeJS, NGiNX, Redis, Yii, Lithium and more
- Build API"s that will integrate with all major internal and external enterprise eco-systems
- Experience with native iOS/Android/KaiOS mobile application and web application development
- Experience interacting with technical and business audiences on all levels
- Due to Opco footprint business fluency in Urdu, Bangali, Russian is a plus
- Expertise on OTT TV, VOD developments
- Deep understanding of modern Android development based on the current device foot print in operating countries.
- Expertise on UI/UX integration and development
- Good understanding of OTT, Cloud TV and video streaming media formats and protocols (HLS, DASH, HDS, HSS) and video encoding and transcoding (H.264, HEVC/H.265)
- Knowledge of metadata aggregation and integration including working with machine learning / AI based recommendation engines
- Deep knowledge of Linear TV and VoD technologies, CAS/DRM security technologies and OTT DRM solutions and offerings
o Willingness and ability to travel ~30% of time
Why Join Jazz?
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of our 68 million customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy.