Grade Level: L2
Last date to apply: 15th June 2021
What is Bids Expert?
The Bids & Proposal management Team is part of the Fulfilment Team within the Jazz Business. Bids Expert will be responsible for preparing winning proposals for Jazz B2B GSM/ enterprise products and facilitating the sales team to timely respond to sale opportunities related to bids coming from existing and new customers.
The structure of the team you will join is:
- A 30-member team (including the department head) with 4 sub teams
- You will be part of a 6-member sub-team reporting to Manager Bids & Proposals.
What does Bids Expert do?
Bids Expert will engage and work with all internal stake holders to prepare bids and tenders for timely preparation of technical & financial proposals along with the necessary legal, financial, technical and commercial documents as per the eligibility criterion of the bid. In addition to this he/she will be involved in the following tasks:
- Timely submission of bids and tenders.
- Understanding Tenders/Bid documents to extract key deliverables.
- Understand the bid eligibility criterion to make sure maximum score is obtained by taking appropriate actions.
- Attend the Pre-Bid meetings to understand the bid requirements and also shape the pre-bid meeting minutes for maximum advantage to Jazz.
- Work as a project manager to engage all stake holders to compile necessary information & documents required for bid submission.
- Coordinate with Presales/Customer Engagement team for making a technically compliant solution as per bid scope of work and requirements.
- Get competition pricing intel from sales channels and work for proposal management team for making a winning business case and financial proposal.
- Prepare Bids for Fixed/GSM/M2M/Cloud & Enterprise Products.
- Closely track all submitted bids for reporting wins and losses.
- Maintain record of all bids, competitor prices, reasons for win/loss/disqualification in order to learn from past mistakes and take corrective actions for future bids.
Jazz is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
What are we looking for and what does it require to be Bids Expert?
- Bachelors or an MBA from a reputable institute with up to 4 years of relevant experience.
- Sound understanding and product knowledge of B2B GSM and enterprise Products
- Knowledge of Fixed line technologies such as last mile P2P, PMP, Fiber and Long haul.
- Pre-sales knowledge or experience of fixed line connectivity solutions.
- Business acumen and understanding of basic PPRA rules & Pricing Principles.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Candidate must have proven track record to deliver in fast-paced challenging environment with the ability to work well under pressure of strict deadlines
- Confidence to adhere short deadlines and negotiate (if required) with the sales channel
- PMP Certification is a Plus
Essential must have sift skills:
- Self-driven and have the ability to manage stress
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills (both verbal & written)
- Strong analytical ability and business acumen
- Proactive and customer centric mind-set
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Knowledge on corporate culture and values
- Excellent time management
- Adaptability & Agility
- Positive Attitude & Can Do Energy
- Proven experience of inter-departmental team management
Why Join Jazz?
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of our 68 million customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy