Last date to apply: 17th June 2021
What is Head/Manager Digital Content?
Responsible for driving content excellence for content services including championing overall growth for these services. Takes the required positive steps to build the case for content acquisition monetization and optimization strategies and execution, both qualitatively (the ‘what’ and ‘where’ and ‘from who’) and quantitatively (the ‘how’ and ‘when’). Designs the content selection to the point where he/she will assess the efficacy of past recommendations, to inform future acquisition decisions and feed into the larger vision of the team. Prioritizes and manages expectations with internal clients/teams and external vendors such as the content owners/aggregators. Coordinates with team for the development of digital products in order to decipher customer related issues; ensures timely identification of assets with high growth potential and acquires content tailored for that market WITHIN the limits of organization’s strategy, established practices and policies, organizational SOP’s, organization values and directions/guidelines from Supervisor.
The role reports directly to the Head of Digital Products and Growth.
What does Head/Manager Digital Content?
Jazz is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
- Leads the development and drives the strategic direction of content strategy via identifying content acquisition opportunities and partnerships with content owners/aggregators within the local and international media, entertainment, and OTT messaging industry.
- Accelerates the platforms’ content strategy driven by data analysis, customer preferences and market dynamics. Also conducts periodic internal and external audit of content consumption with a view to optimizing content cost, developing content enhancement and tactical content strategy.
- Develops and leads the execution of a holistic cross-functional content partnerships plan to accelerate content acquisition, user engagement, and platform business for the Video and Music portfolios/services.
- Negotiates license agreements and acquisition models with large and small content providers to secure high demand content for the service/s.
- Analyzes behavior, usage and consumption data (internal and external) for informed decision-making including collecting industry intelligence and performing competitive analyses thus optimally positioning the content offering for accelerated growth of content services.
- Monitors feedback received from customers using business analytics tools and manage content acquisition strategy accordingly.
- Supports in the development and execution of a growth plan consisting of data-driven acquisition, engagement and retention strategies thus managing the overall customer lifecycle.
- Develops and coordinates the programming, GTM and promotional priorities with internal and external stakeholders to create promotable stunts and vertical themes for hyper virality.
- Manages and oversees operational activities of go to markets for digital channels and platforms using new age marketing techniques focusing on acquisition, engagement and retention of business
- Prepares guidelines for utilizing engagement tools and reducing churn; Conducts analysis and campaign audits to analyze marketing performance.
- Focuses on experimentation and A/B testing to drive optimal strategies.
- Represents the customer (be a proxy) within the development process, implement design thinking and articulate the product vision based on strategic goals
- Evangelise the product internally and externally and communicate with the team and ensure all members are on board with delegated tasks
- Conducts research and prepares a roadmap to decide what digital prospects Jazz should pursue or how it can expand in the current domains in the future to meet revenue targets.
- Analyzes telecommunications and content distribution operations worldwide and selects suitable projects which can be implemented efficiently and effectively at Jazz.
- Coordinates with Group for expanding operations of VEON across different OPCOs.
- Maximizes usage of available tools/support to best of advantage to maintain/improve content quality during daily operations.
- Develops and implements databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Adhere to change control procedures, Content Operations standards and current data policies and procedures.
What are we looking for and what does it require to be Head/Manager Digital Content?
- Bachelor’s in Business/Marketing/Analytics/Media with 7+ years of experience in content aggregation, acquisition and management.
- Preferable experience of working with media channels and production houses.
- Proven track record of content licensing, content acquisition and/or customer-facing business development role in the digital media and entertainment industry.
- Understanding of content rights, deal structures and negotiations of complex license and acquisition agreements.
- Comprehensive knowledge and linkages with Local and International media and entertainment Industry.
- Excellent data analysis and quantitative skills.
- Experience working with publishers, creators and influencers, and in maintaining business relationships with them.
- Complete knowledge of Digital and traditional Media Buying.
- Working knowledge of digital products and platforms growth.
- Strong Negotiation and Partner Management skills
- Stakeholder & Conflict Management skills
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Growth-mindset, Attention to detail, Willingness to learn
- Result Oriented, Creative and Innovative, Flexible and Adaptable
Why Join Jazz?
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of our 69 million customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy.