Grade Level: L2
Last date to apply: Jan 24, 2020
What is Expert External Communication?
The corporate communication and sustainability department drives strategic communications, ensures proactive media outreach, and develops content for a wide range of internal and external digital and traditional channels.
The position is responsible for the execution of effective external communication strategies in line with the company’s corporate objectives across a broad range of external mediums including print, electronic and digital.
The role reports directly to the Stream Head External Communications as part of the larger Corporate Communications & Sustainability team comprising 07 team members.
What does Expert External Communication do?
- External media and vendor management under close direction of Stream Head External Communication
- Content development; including press release, articles, opinion editorial, presentations, artworks, videos and documents
- Plan and execute print, electronic and digital media campaigns
- Identify and leverage communication opportunities across the company to synchronize leadership objectives to maximize brand value
- Align role expectations and business objectives with immediate line manager
- Gather telecom industry insights by working closely with broader Corporate & Regulatory Affairs team
- Coordination with key external and internal stakeholders to identify emerging issues and develop appropriate mitigation responses to safeguard brand reputation
- Develop digital monitoring and analytics to measure impact of external communications vis-à-vis the industry
- Research successful best practices in digital communications in the regional/global telecom markets and evaluate them for local implementation
- Ability to multitask and work with tight deadlines with a focus on quality
- Manage external PR and creative agencies
Jazz is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
What are we looking for and what does it require to be Expert External Communications?
- A degree in Journalism, Media, Communication, PR, or other relevant disciplines
- The ability to self-teach new technologies especially video editing, graphics editing and social media management
- A minimum of 5-8 years’ experience in a similar role with track record of driving complex strategic communication and advocacy campaigns
- A deep understanding of industry best communication practices
- Excellent writing and storytelling skills (including visuals)
- Soft skills and technical skills required
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities need to be strong
- Decision making ability as response time is critical in this role
- Multitasking in a fast-paced environment
- Responding quickly and professionally under pressure
- Proactive, creative, and collaborative both for ideation and execution
- Have an eye for layout and design with a passion for all things digital
Why Join Jazz?
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of our 65 million customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy.