Grade Level: L4
Last date to apply: 12th February, 2024
What is Head of Source to Pay Operations?
The "Head of Source to Pay Operations" is a key role within our service operations team, responsible for the overall performance and direction of our HQ’s procurement operations, supplier invoice booking, and payment processing activities. This position encompasses managing the end-to-end process to align with world-class performance and internal control standards by implementing best practices and VEON group policies. The role requires strong coordination with various stakeholders at HQ level in Amsterdam & other offices and aims to build a culture of continuous improvement in operations. It includes overseeing accounts payable, procurement operations, compliance with group policies, supporting internal and external audits, and managing productivity targets.
The role reports to Head of Service Operations at Jazz whereas key customers of the role are in VEON’s HQ (primarily Amsterdam).
What does Head of Source to Pay Operations do?
The Head of Source to Pay Operations typically undertakes the following responsibilities:
- Overseeing the entire source-to-pay process, including procurement, invoice processing, and payments.
- Implementing and adhering to best practices and group policies within the source-to-pay process.
- Managing the end-to-end process to align with world-class performance and internal control standards.
- Coordinating with various internal and external stakeholders to ensure process efficiency.
- Driving continuous improvement within the source-to-pay operations.
- Ensuring compliance with internal and external audit requirements and 100% compliance to data provisioning requests.
- Seeking opportunities to introduce new activities within the service operations team.
- Building and maintaining a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring process flows and standard operating procedures are current, reviewed, and enhanced.
- Leading benchmarking activities and continuous assessment of process performance, driving measurable improvements.
- Establishing regular communications with stakeholders, sharing successes, and addressing challenges or concerns.
- Reviewing key performance indicators with HQ management functions at least monthly.
- Identifying and tracking the root causes of service deficiencies, and monitoring remediation activities.
- Supporting internal and external audits, ensuring compliance with group policies.
- Managing productivity targets within the source-to-pay operations.
Jazz is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
What are we looking for and what does it require to be Head of Source to Pay Operations?
To be an effective Head of Source to Pay Operations, candidates are expected to possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Minimum Education: Holding a professional degree in finance, or ACCA, or CA qualification, etc.
- Experience: 10+ years of relevant experience with at least 3 years in a similar role.
- Knowledge of ERP Systems: Proficient in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems use, Oracle R12 and/or Fusion use is a must have.
- Knowledge of Shared Services Environment: experience/knowledge of shared services environment, designing/re-designing of SLAs and conducting service management is a must have.
- Analytical Skills: Strong capability in analyzing complex data and making informed decisions.
- Teamwork: Ability to build and lead a strong team, fostering collaboration and effective communication.
- Productivity Management: Responsibility for managing yearly productivity targets.
- Strategic Thinking: Capable of strategic planning and execution to meet organizational goals.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Proficient in identifying challenges and developing effective solutions.
- Communication Skills: Strong communication abilities for liaising with different stakeholders.
- Project Management: Experience in managing large-scale projects and initiatives.
- Adaptability: Ability to adapt to changing business needs and environments.
- Leadership: Demonstrated leadership skills in managing teams and operations.
Why Join Jazz?
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
Our core values include qualities essential for a positive organizational culture - truthfully guiding entrepreneurial and innovative mindsets, harnessing professional and interpersonal collaboration, and fostering across-the-board customer-obsession.
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of our 70 million customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy