Grade Level: L4
Last date to apply: 4th March, 2021
What is Head of Corporate Communications & Sustainability?
Head of Corporate Communications & Sustainability entails to develop a comprehensive corporate communications & sustainability strategy for the company, and is responsible for its roll out with the buy-in of key stakeholders. This role plays a vital part in moving company’s communication forward in a meaningful and coherent way.
The role reports directly to the Chief Corporate & Regulatory officer and has 6 people reporting directly into it with an extended team of 40 team member.
What does Head of Corporate Communications & Sustainability?
- Set timely priorities on various type of corporate communications collaterals and advise the management on the impact and need for roll out (how, what and when).
- Work closely with Regulatory and Corporate affairs functions for formalizing priority communication requirements of the company.
- Assist CEO secretariat for all corporate communications requirements.
- Responsible for media relations.
- Crises communication management in alignment with business continuity plans of the company.
- Coordinate internally and with industry players on regulatory/ fiscal and other going concerns and educate media/ opinion leaders through merit-based dialogue on various issues within ethical parameters.
- Develop, supervise and drive external comms content for driving company’s narrative on print, electronic and digital media (includes social media trends, sentiments and ensure measure to mitigate any reputational risks).
- Ensure robust internal communications for employee engagement and information.
- Develop and oversee execution of sustainability projects and showcase them at appropriate forums for mutual learning and positive impact.
- Keep strong linkages GSMA, external Communication forums, Industrial and business councils etc to drive digital agenda for Pakistan- Establish partnerships where possible/ required.
- Establish lead role for the company in partnering with the vision of digital Pakistan.
- Play key role for organizing corporate events. Conduct roundtable, webinars, seminars and workshops on various topics for enhanced stakeholder’s engagement.
Jazz is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
What are we looking for and what does it require to be Head of Corporate Communications & Sustainability?
- Minimum a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Media Sciences, and or Marketing. A Master’s degree will be preferred.
- Minimum 12 years of work experience, out of which at least 3-4 years’ experience related to corporate communications & sustainability in a senior role.
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Must have worked in a similar/ equivalent role in a large / reputable organization.
- Digital communications is a plus.
- Must have good working knowledge of media relations, internal and external comms.
- Believes in teamwork and ethical business practices.
Why Join Jazz?
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of our 65 million customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy.