Grade Level: L3
Last date to apply: 17th May 2022
What is Senior Legal Counsel Contracts?
The key function of this role is to provide dedicated legal support select functional departments within Jazz, entailing consultation, advice, contract review and negotiation in line with the organization’s internal values, policies, procedures and applicable law and to do so independently and decisively. The role will be responsible for both day-to-day operational activities as well as strategic initiatives and projects and will be required to collaborate with multiple internal and external stakeholders. The role reports directly to Stream Head of Contracts & Corporate Governance.
What does Senior Legal Counsel Contracts do?
- Independently draft and review contracts and engage with internal stakeholders, negotiate directly with counter parties in case of any contention/conflict to provide clarifications and to seek mutual agreement accordingly
- Provide legal assistance to relevant internal stakeholders after carefully understanding the business context surrounding the contract and its impact vis-à-vis the business needs.
- Support to effectively offer a legal view on various matters, from within the organization and on industry related matters to be fully compliant with respective laws and policies.
- Provide opinions and legal advice to personnel at all levels of the business on existing and new commercial arrangements.
- Recognize when issues require specialist legal support and to obtain such support and advice to ensure maximum benefit for the company without incurring unnecessary costs.
- Engage in training of relevant business personnel (both informal trainings and structured programmes) on legal developments, contract management as well as on policies/procedures owned by or supported by the Legal function.
- Provide legal advice over all aspects pertaining to any new strategic initiatives and ventures including investments, new business lines etc.
- Assist in streamlining processes and procedures pertaining to key risk areas such as AML, CTF, export controls & sanctions, data protection, anti-bribery and anti-corruption etc. for DFS projects.
- Utilise legal expertise with regard to digital financial services that the Company is engaged in.
- Manage overall day-to-day affairs of the contracts section of the legal department of the company in more digitized manner.
- Consult and support HOD with HQ on policy review and trainings related to the company falling under the domain of legal including sanctions and export controls.
- Be able to liaise with the governance team on Group governance matters related to contracts.
- Formulate strategy to standardize the process of managing the flows of contracts between organization and its clients.
- Able to work in cross functional teams in special projects/ merger and acquisitions and effectively manage legal deliverables.
Jazz is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
What are we looking for and what does it require to be Senior Legal Counsel Contracts?
- LLB/LLM/Bar at Law Degree with at least 5-7 years working experience in an in-house legal team or law firm/chamber.
- Knowledge of the legal framework especially company and telecom laws in Pakistan.
- Knowledge of contract, corporate and intellectual property laws.
- Legal research, negotiation and contract drafting and review
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, as well as experience in stakeholder management
- Coming up with legal solutions focused towards delivering real time business value.
- Strong writing skills.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking skills and ability to research.
- Strong negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills, as well as experience in stakeholder management.
- Decision making & problem solving.
Why Join Jazz?
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of our 70 million customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy.