Last Date to Apply: 9th August 2020
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
Our Team & You
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of our 62 million customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy.
-Within 30 days you will:
· Attend and graduate from our company-wide on boarding process along with a detailed orientation program where you will learn about Jazz’s core values, business, and products
· Meet the relevant stakeholders concerning your team
· Develop understanding of your division, function, its structure, and your role within the team.
· Develop understanding of Cloud Operations for our VMware based Public Cloud base within the company
· Develop understanding of Dockers/Kubernetes based Infra deployed within the organization
· Sound understanding of Cloud Native environments including Redhat Openshift, Rancher, Kubernetes, Docker and Istio
· Good knowledge on vCloud tools like vCloud Director, vCloud Availability, VMware vRealize Operations Manager and NSX
· Understanding of Active Directory and its components.
· Propose security controls for enhanced Administrative Accesses.
· Able to provide support for Splunk or other Logging mechanism
-Within 60 days, you will:
· Get to know your relevant stakeholders e.g.
· Manage Cloud/Kubernetes & CI/CD on Linux based systems.
· Define and implement Kubernetes operational best practices for networks, pods and services definition, monitoring, failover, and more.
· Able to develop custom reports and alerts within vRealize Operations.
· Able to keep container images lightweight and optimized
· Able to add automation using Ansible
· Identity Access Management for enhanced user lifecycle management
-Within 90 days to onwards you will:
· Maintain availability of the services as per the defined KPIs.
· Manage containerised applications and discover the advantages of Kubernetes and Docker over more traditional Virtual Machine infrastructure.
· To optimize productivity for the deployment and management of container based workloads
· To improve the availability, performance and scalability of container based workloads in the cloud
· To increase the quality and success of container-based workload deployments
· Understanding of migrating data from on-prem to AWS/Azure.
· Contribute in Architectural Control Repository for central design Documentation.
A Bit About You:
We are looking for someone who has delivered on challenging projects and has taken end-to-end responsibility from planning to roll out of IT related systems. This includes our Cloud based footprint i.e. managing all components for our on-premises public cloud. Prior experience of working with Telco/Banks OR a leading public cloud provider will be preferred. The knowledge of Public Cloud technlogies/Kubernetes is mandatory and Linux/VMware will be preferred.
A Bit About Us:
The IT Infrastructure Team is part of the BSS Department within the Engineering Division. The team is responsible for managing IT Infrastructure Hardware portfolio at Jazz.
The structure of the team you will join is:
· A 20 member team (including the department head) with 3 sub teams
· You will be part of a 8 member sub-team reporting to Manager Infrastructure Team
The two (02) main priorities of the team as a whole are:
· Uptime for our Private and Public Cloud
· Follow the company SOPs regarding daily operations
The three (03) must have past experiences the candidate should have.
VMware/Microsoft Azure/AWS Cloud Operations
The two (02) must have technologies the candidate should have.
Essential skills must have:
Would be willing to work in odd hours
Ability to work on new technologies