Last date to apply: Friday, 18th Jan 2019
Our team & you
To continue and change the lives of our 58 million customers. We’re a world-class organization and have assembled the right team to begin scaling aggressively. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something big and transformative, someone who will play a critical role in driving our success.
What the first 30-60-90 days in the job will look like?
- Within 30 days you will:
· Familiarize yourself with the team structure, internal and external stakeholders and company processes.
· Learn about team ambitions and targets and understand the digital verticals that your team is responsible for.
· Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products.
· In First 30 days, you are responsible for learning JazzCash Echo system, External/Inter System integrations. Knowledge of the running JazzCash Services.
-Within 60 days, you will:
· You will show exceptional judgment as you define goals, create a roadmap, set priorities, and manage the backlog of innovative and impactful features throughout the product lifecycle.
· Own product features through their entire creative cycle: ideation, specification, development, release, analysis, and iteration.
· Determine customers' needs by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
· Recommend the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
· Plan the launches of new products and releases of existing products, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
· Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products.
· Develop a marketing plan for the products you support, including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
· Track subscriber complaints and take corrective measures.
· Establish a good working relationship with relevant stakeholders for digital financial services vendors, product development, business and bank teams.
· By the end of 60 days, you need to know System flows, detailed application & network architecture and system design. By that time, you will also be working on MFS projects not only aa DevOps engineer but also as solution architect and project manager.
-Within 90 days to onwards you will:
· You will be working on your project without any supervision.
· Act as the primary thought leader for the products you support externally, including speaking engagements and written works.
· Establish a shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution.
· Master the tasks highlighted above as deliverables for the first 90 days
What we have done and what we will do with YOU
In the last one-year Jazz is a huge success story in terms of business transformation, we were market leaders and we still are market leaders but with huge margins specially after successful merger of Jazz and Warid.
A bit about you:
· We are looking for someone who has already delivered on challenging projects and has taken end-to-end responsibility from planning to roll out.
· Prior experience of digital & mobile financial services or tech startup/scale up will be preferred.
· The individual should have sound product development, project management and stakeholder management skills; these skills are the cornerstone for this job role.
A bit about us:
Products & Services is part of the Pricing & Propositions Department within Marketing. The team is responsible to manage value added services and digital products.
The structure of the team you will join is:
· A 6-member team (including the department head)
The two (02) main priorities of the team as a whole are:
· Design, Develop & Build digital products portfolio
· Responsible for developing integrations on different MFS platforms by utilizing DevOps tools.
With which other stakeholders the successful candidate will work with functional/regional/ within the team. What would be the result of those interactions if we assume 100% collaboration?
· Ability to build strong relationships with External Teams: Vendor and IT Teams
· Ability to build strong relationships with Internal Teams: Business, Tech, PD
The two (02) specific tasks that team was working on in the last 6 months with results.
· Develop & Build MFS Services
· Ensure bug free and efficient services
The three (03) must have past experiences the best candidate should have.
· System Analysis & Product designing
· Financial system Knowledge
· Experience in web and mobile application development
· Web Services & Integrations Experience
· Knowledge of Enterprise Service Bus / TIBCO / WSO2 will be a plus.
· Excellent SQL & Database Skills
· Shell Scripting.
· Knowledge of IP and Networks will be a plus.
· Knowledge of Database (SQL Server, Oracle and MySQL) will be a plus
· Knowledge of VMWare/Dockers/Virtualization will be a plus.
· Git, TFS for source code management
· Jenkins or similar CI/CD tools
· Jira or similar PM tools
The two (02) must have technologies the candidate should have.
· System Analysis & Product designing
· Prior Software Development Experience
Essential skills must have:
· Can do attitude.
· Lead from front.
· Open to changes