Last Date to Apply: Friday, 20th March 2020
As one of the top employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that every Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle and continuous learning and development.
Our team & you
We, as a team, are involved with all commercial stakeholders to deliver value to our customers by identifying hidden patterns, predicting subscriber activity, or developing affinities within our customer base. This is an opportunity for you to become part of the biggest data science team in the telecom industry of Pakistan and learn from the best of the industry experts in the field.
What the first 30-60-90 days in the job will look like?
-Within 30 days you will:
Attend and graduate from our company-wide on boarding process along with detailed orientation program where you will learn Jazz’s values, business, and products
Develop understanding of existing data science models
Develop understanding of how CVM works at Jazz
Develop understanding of BI tools and data science capabilities
-Within 60 days, you will:
Work alongside a senior data scientist to understand existing data science operations
Develop in-depth understanding of the data science models and respective pipelines
Strive for continuous improvement in both the processes and the outcome
Contribute in the development and use of data science models for campaigns
Identify opportunities for improvement
-Within 90 days to onwards you will:
Become responsible for the day-to-day data science activities
Complete understanding of all source systems available
Launching new advanced analytical models and projects
Develop, maintain and transfer models in an open source architecture (Python/R/Hadoop/Spark)
Required to develop complex data queries, rigorous analytical and quantitative models and procedures
What we have done and what we will do with YOU
In the last couple of years, Jazz is a huge success story in terms of business transformation, we were market leaders and we continue to be but with huge margins specially after successful merger of Jazz and Warid.
A bit about you:
We are looking for someone with at least two years’ strong data science background. Work experience in telecom sector would be a plus. The candidate must have the following:
· Knowledge of data analysis, statistical modelling, and data mining required
· Expertise in predictive modelling techniques using python or R language
· Candidate should be able to perform segmentation (Behavioral, usage, lifetime etc.) of subscribers
· Candidate will work on product affinity models helping to determine the next best offers to be launched mostly through BTL medium.
· Candidate will be required to be an enthusiastic and thoughtful communicator and collaborator with the tech and non-tech teams alike. The ability to explain, clarify and synthesize complex projects and concepts for a wide-ranging audience is critical, both in verbal and written format.
· Experience with Teradata and Data Warehousing concepts required
· Experience with Data Visualization & Communication through data visualization tools like matplotlib, ggplot, d3.js. or Tableau
A bit about us:
Data Science team is part of the Analytics & Insights Department within Marketing. The team is mainly responsible for creating insights and predict subscriber behaviors.
The structure of the team you will join is:
· A 70 members team (including the department head) with 03 sub teams
· You will be part of a 07 members sub-team reporting to a manager
The two (02) main priorities of the team as a whole are:
· Develop new models which create insights, predict subscriber behavior and apply data mining techniques to our data and create business value
· Ensure data science models are always available and refreshed on a timely basis for the CVM campaigns
With which other stakeholders the successful candidate will work with functional/regional/ within the team. What would be the result of those interactions if we assume 100% collaboration?
· Ability to align CVM goals with broader commercial objectives (segments & pricing)
· Ability to coordinate with DWH teams to understand the data sources and ensure data consistency
The two (02) specific tasks that team was working on in the last 6 months with results.
· Develop prediction model which help in retaining customers, increasing data subscribers and segment the base accordingly
· Move towards real time analytics and supporting CVM in contextual marketing
The three (03) must have past experiences the best candidate should have.
Data Science Experience
Data Driven Problem solving
The two (02) must have technologies the candidate should have.T
Python/R with Hadoop/Spark
Essential skills must have:
Curious and explorative mindset
Analytical & Presentation Skills
Business problem-solving skills