Grade Level: L1
Last date to apply: 30th Nov 2022
What is Specialist Transport Network Optical?
- Traffic handling and engineering to meet day-to-day network and customer needs.
- level – II Operation, network designing, capacity planning & Maintenance of nationwide Transport Network and nodes
- Internal and external P&O customer complaints handling (corporate & commercial)
- Configuration WO creation, management , execution & troubleshooting
- Interaction with vendor for new technologies, ordering, CapEx handling, support teams for ongoing issues, project, audits & upgrades etc.
The role reports directly to the Line manager with an extended team of 9 members.
What does Specialist Transport Network Optical do?
- Handles day-to-day planning & operations of Jazz TXN network. This includes capacity management, traffic engineering, support, operations, maintenance, administration, configuration, trouble-shooting, fault isolation and resolving issues.
- Manages different types of network audits to rectify potential risks.
- Identifies optimization needs of the network.
- Discussion with customers for day-to-day requirements and WO plan issuance and implementation.
- Maintains proper network documentation & schematics including all possible details
- Engages in verification of planned network changes for network enhancement to ensure they are as per design.
- Manages optimization, operations & administration of the Hardware & software of TXN network entities of any vendor platform
- Co-ordinates effectively with Vendor for new technologies, design and equipment BOM finalization.
- Ensures high-availability of network planning an operation for end-users and business.
- Co-ordinates with all relevant technology vendors for any support issues to make sure that Service Level Agreement are met.
- Supports in execution of plans towards network optimization/modernization.
- Co-ordination with all relevant team to achieve network excellence.
- Complies with all the departmental Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) Method Of Operations (MOPs) during the execution of tasks and carrying out all job related duties
- Implements corrective & preventive routines of maintenance by concern teams and/or vendors.
- Analyses the network & equipment performance and identifies engineering & optimization requirements by efficient use of NMS and other software tools.
- Ensures safety management, risk and hazard analysis and ensures safety & security in the overall network.
Jazz is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Solid base in fiber optics and optical physics
- Good knowledge of optical domain ISP & OSP.
- Extensive hands on expertise of network dimensioning, designing and capacity management.
- Good understanding of SDH and thorough know-how of network topologies and their inter-working
- Good understanding of DWDM and photonics
- Good know-how of ASON, WASON, OTN network.
- Good knowledge of IPRAN, FTTS.
- Excellent grip on MW.
- Good understanding of VSAT technology.
- Excellent command over legacy Telecom protocols (PDH, E1, E3 etc)
- Hands-on experience & deep understanding of ADMs, Multiplexers, Multi-service/Multi-protocol Switches (e.g. Huawei, Ericsson etc).
- Hands-on experience of NMS systems and associated software tools, database, architecture.
- Exposure of transmission sub systems, protocol and interface converters, etc.
- Exposure to electrical & optical cables and knows associated installation standards and best practices.
- Huawei and Ericsson hands on with relevant equipment.
- Computer Proficiency, MS Office must include MS Visio & Power point.
- Communication and presentations skills to make solutions/ideas understandable for respective audience segments
- Should not have any concerns working in shifts round the clock and if required on holidays (including public holidays) as an emergency resource.
Why Join Jazz?
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
Our core values include qualities essential for a positive organizational culture - truthfully guiding entrepreneurial and innovative mindsets, harnessing professional and interpersonal collaboration, and fostering across-the-board customer-obsession.
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of our customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy.