Grade Level: L2
Last date to apply: 25th Jan 2023
What is Expert Contracts?
This position undertakes key role of managing complete life cycle of contracts management commencing from drafting the contracts to vetting, negotiating (in particular Sourcing Contracts), ensuring adherence to company’s policies, procedures and executing contracts. The position supports contractual negotiations and is responsible for closure of contractual negotiations in a timely manner.
The role is part of the Contracts and Claims Management Team within the Sourcing and SCM department and reports to Stream Head Contracts and Claims Management at Jazz.
What does Expert Contracts do?
- Managing the overall contract administration from the point a request is initiated, the tender is issued till the point a contract is signed in accordance with Procurement policies and procedures.
- Managing complete life cycle of contract management process using organization’s online systems (currently Oracle and Ariba).
- Develop standard contract templates in line with organizational needs and prevailing policy procedures;
- Take part in the contractual negotiations’ forums / meetings with suppliers/business partners in collaboration with internal stakeholders.
- Liaises within organization with Functional Teams, Legal & Compliance, Tax for review of contracts; Escalating contentious material clauses to the relevant stakeholders with recommendations to find resolve in a timely manner; ensure contract close-out within stipulated timeframes.
- Serve as the point of contact for internal stakeholders providing guidance & interpretation on contractual/commercial matters and ensuring transparent internal coordination for mitigating all foreseeable and potential risks.
- Negotiate contract terms & conditions, INCOTERMS, cost, quality, payment terms, delivery/lead time, liquidated damages, settlement of compensations/damages, Provision of performance bond (s)/sureties/guarantees, pre supply inspection etc. with the suppliers on all standard and non-standard contracts and provide redlined recommendations and negotiate in collaboration with sourcing team till consensus are reached.
- Ensure 100% internal compliance on matters such as Anti Bribery and Corruption provisions, Code of Conduct, Data Protection and Information Security, other policy matters.
- Monitor end user satisfaction with Contractual terms and conditions and contracting practices. Recommend changes where necessary and updating Standard Contractual Templates.
- Executing change control management by entering into and concluding amendments, addendums, change control notes, settlements etc.
- Resolves issues pertaining to the contracts and recommends appropriate settlements accordingly.
- Emphasizes on compliance with organizational policies, frameworks and SLAs in pre-contracts, contract-execution and post-contract phases.
- Ensure Performance Monitoring Tools are built into negotiated contracts; Ensures incorporation of appropriate SLAs, KPIs and claims mechanism in the contracts.
Jazz is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
- We are looking for Bachelors/Masters in Law (LLB/LLM) and/or an MBA/ACCA with more than 5 years of experience in similar role preferably working for Digital/ IT /Telecom Industry predominantly in the fields of Procurement and/or Contract Management.
- Have sound legal paraphrasing skills and is able to communicate freely;
- Have experience in managing global vendors;
- Have signed and managed pre/post contract management function for large contracts end to end;
- Have a good understanding of the legal and financial/commercial principles required for the job;
- Have worked in global and multicultural environment;
- Stake holder management experience of C Level Executives both at Vendors and Internal Organization;
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Problem solving & analytical skills;
- Hands on experience using Software such as SAP (ARIBA)/Oracle R12 or Fusion experience at hand;
- Proficient in MS Office (in particular, MS Word, Excel and Power Point);
- Good understanding of Digital/IT solutions and architecture;
- Collaborative, tactful, detail oriented, positive attitude, logical, problem solver, flexible & dependable;
- Believes in digitalizing/automating processes.
- Experience creating and managing Complex System Integration agreements, including, but not limited to Hardware, Software licensing and code development, operation and maintenance services and IPR management.
- Ensure right terms and conditions including compliance to company policies, Sourcing directives during the whole procurement process.
- Ensure strict contractual scope bounding is established to protect against any spend leakage.
- Lead the Change Request Process from a contractual perspective.
- Support on negotiation and resolution of commercial disputes and settlements relating to the contracted scope.
- Provide contract knowledge, guidance and assistance on interpretation of contractual clauses to Sourcing organization.
- Provide internal guidance on mitigation claims and resolve any escalations via commercial governance. Maintain knowledge of operational issues, which could result in commercial disputes. Advise Sourcing operational teams on commercial risk mitigation strategies.
- Protect Company's rights under contract and ensure the proper performance of the respective party’s obligations.
- Defend and improve costing, profitability and working capital through strategic risk and claim management.
- Support to follow up execution of the contract.
- Ensures deduction of charges against claims from suppliers’ invoices;
Why Join Jazz?
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
Our core values include qualities essential for a positive organizational culture - truthfully guiding entrepreneurial and innovative mindsets, harnessing professional and interpersonal collaboration, and fostering across-the-board customer-obsession.
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of our 75 million customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy.