Last Date to Apply: Thursday, 17th September 2020
As one of the top employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle and continuous learning and development.
Our team & you
To continue and change the lives of our 63 million customers. We’re a world-class organization and have assembled the right team to begin scaling aggressively. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something big and transformative, someone who will play a critical role in driving our success.
What the first 30-60-90 days in the job will look like?
- Within 30 days you will:
· Attend and graduate from our company-wide on boarding process along with detailed orientation program where the candidate will learn Jazz’s values, business, and products
· Meet relevant stakeholders and teams handling various business streams
· Develop understanding of the Jazz brand and the Jazz DFS brand, philosophy, brand strategy and creative direction
· Develop understanding of various systems and process that will play an active role in day to day activities like company policies, financial & compliance procedures and so on
· Build a steady working relationship with the creative agency
· Review of all systems and processes for the Brands Unit
- Within 60 days, you will:
· Work towards building a relationship with relevant stakeholders e.g. Ops, Media and Digital units
· Liaison with business teams to fulfill their operational needs
· Work with relevant agencies and partners to develop, analyse, review and recommend solutions, which matches the business needs, & deliver on requirements.
· Gain understanding of the competitors’ strategy & working
- Within 90 days to onwards you will:
· Review various business information sources (Business Intelligence Reports, Brand Health Trackers, Traffic, ARPU & churn figures)
- Closely monitor the successful ideas in the regional/global
- Telecom and digital financial markets and evaluate them for local implementation
Key Expectations from the Role/Candidate
The role of the Brand Specialist is to support the ABM DFS to:
· Develop DFS brand strategy and authorship
· Build and launch 360 campaigns
· Plan IMC calendar for DFS activities
· Analyse data and identify trends
· Monitor brand and business KPIs for DFS industry
· Develop optimised communication and collateral for each touch point in the marketing mix
· Have a good understanding of target audience and customers
· Work in line with Veon’s core values
What we have done and what we will do with YOU
Jazz is a huge success story in terms of business transformation, we were and still are the market leaders with huge margins specially after successful merger of Jazz and Warid. JazzCash is the largest mobile wallet player in the DFS category set to grow at exponential rates and transform the face of money transactions.
A bit about you:
We are looking for someone who can bring fresh ideas and have a hunger to deliver challenging projects. Able
to learn quickly and understand the broad customer base and target audience of the Jazz DFS Brand. The ideal candidate exhibits integrity, is a good leader who inspires others specially the direct team, is able to develop and harness relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
A bit about us:
Brands is the driving function of the Marketing Communication team within the Marketing Department of Commercial Division. The team is responsible to define and execute the Brand Strategy of the organization across all touch points.
The structure of the team you will join is:
· A 25 member team (including the department head) with 03 sub teams
· You will be part of a 08 member sub-team, reporting to the Brand Manager
The two (02) main priorities of the team as a whole are:
· To ensure Jazz brand team delivers on business priorities and contributes towards the bottom line
· Drive the area with innovation to provide integration between various marketing touch points
With which other stakeholders the successful candidate will work with functional/regional/ within the team. What would be the result of those interactions if we assume 100% collaboration?
Ability to build strong relationships with External Teams: Creative agencies, Business Partners etc.
Ability to build strong relationships with Internal Teams: DFS, Media, Brands, Digital, Operations, Finance, Marketing, Sales, PR/CSR, Procurement etc.
The two (02) specific tasks that team was working on in the last 6 months with results.
Effectively contribute to delivering campaigns
Follow all systems, processes and hierarchies of the team
One must have technology the candidate should have.
The candidate for this position must also be highly proficient in Ms Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, which will be necessary for the creation of visually and verbally engaging reports and presentations.
· Basic: Organizational, interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
· Core: Brand Management
· Management: Project management, planning
· Keen learner
· Adaptive to the culture and dynamics of the team and department
· Self-driven and motivated
· Team player