Duration of contract: 6 Months
Last date to apply: Friday, 18th September 2020
As one of the top employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle and continuous learning and development.
Our team & you
To continue and change the lives of our 63 million customers. We’re a world-class organization and have assembled the right team to begin scaling aggressively. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something big and transformative, someone who will play a critical role in driving our success.
Within 30 days you will:
- Attend and graduate from our company-wide on boarding process along with detailed orientation program
- Meet with the Service Operations Team and other teams in finance and the relevant point of contacts to understand the strategy of the function in line with company strategy and road map.
- Develop in-depth understanding of Jazz Policies and Procedures.
- Understanding the daily routine activities for Record to Report - GL team
- Get first-hand experience of the month end closing process as a whole, including reporting requirements.
- Get first-hand experience of Accounting quality assurance domain process as whole including dashboard reporting
Within 60 days, you will:
- Handling of all daily and closing activities related to Commission expense recording and its reporting
- Managing all closing activities related to IFRS 15 and its reporting
- Act as GL representative in the implementation of compensation module
- Prepare variance analysis between budget/ forecast vs actual and between previous and current periods.
- Act as a SOX team lead of Record to Report domain and ensure compliance of both key and non-key SOX controls and facilitate controls team in MSA testing and coordinate SOX audits.
- Conduct review and analysis of month end closing process of all domains of finance including P2P, R2R, O2C as an AQA lead and ensure that all the transactional accounting is accurate and timely processed
- Preparation of AQA dashboard for higher management all domains including R2R, O2C, P2P, Taxation and Treasury.
- Ensure SLA compliance of R2R domain
- Prepare audit schedules/ workings relating to commissions and assist the auditors in their inquiries
- Coordinate with various teams for data collection and information sharing
Within 90 days to onwards you will:
- Identify and support implementation of end-to-end process improvement initiatives
- Acquire a sound business understanding of the commissions.
- Act as a key contact person for resolution of queries from finance and non-finance departments.
What we have done and what we will do with YOU
In the last one-year, Jazz is a huge success story in terms of business transformation, we were market leaders and we still are market leaders but with huge margins specially after successful merger of Jazz and Warid.
A Bit About You:
We are looking for someone who has hands on experience in Accounts & Finance Function and has taken end to end responsibility from recording to reporting. Prior experience of Oracle-ERP working will be an added advantage.
A bit about us:
As General Ledger Team, our prime role is to accounting and reporting of the OPEX accruals & expenses, preparing the consolidated financial statements, variance analysis of all OPEX items, and responsible for external audits, and ensuring the compliance with IFRS/ Group Accounting Manual.
The structure of the team you will join is:
A six (6) member team which reports to Manager General Ledger.
The two (02) main priorities of the team as a whole are:
· Timely and accurate monthly financial closing
· Delivery of services as per agreed Service Level Agreements and KPIs.
With which other stakeholders the successful candidate will work with functional/regional/ within the team.
You will work with all the Corporate Functions with regular interaction with relevant finance & business teams.
What would be the result of those interactions if we assume 100% collaboration?
The interactions will result in effective execution of OPEX accounting and reporting process.
The three (03) must have past experiences the best candidate should have.
Understanding of financial closing process and Oracle Financial- GL Module Experience of presenting Financial results and variance analysis
The two (02) must have technologies the candidate should have.
Essential skills must have:
Strong interpersonal communication